Neuro Rehab Symposium
Saturday, May 13, 2017
7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Covenant HealthCare Mackinaw, 5400 Mackinaw Road, Saginaw - Lower Level Conference Room
To register for this symposium, please visit the symposium's EventBrite page here and click "Tickets."
- 7:30 - 7:55 am: Registration
- 8:00 - 9:00 am: Concussion Management; William MacInnes, PhD
- 9:00 - 10:00 am: Treatment Options of Brain Tumors; Frank Schinco,
- 10:00 - 10:15: Break
- 10:15 - 11:15 am: Cognitive Therapy; Amy J. Waite, MA/CCC-SLP
- 11:15 am - 12:15 pm: Pain Management for the Patient with a Brain Injury; Babu L. Nahata, MD
- 12:15 - 12:45 pm: Lunch
- 12:45 - 1:45 pm: Management of Agitation; Cathy Campbell, MS, RN,
CRRN, and Mary Gembrowski, OTRL
- 1:45 - 2:15 pm: Self-Advocacy/BI Resources; Jennifer Niec, LMSW,
- 2:15 - 2:30 pm: Break
- 2:30 - 3:15 pm: Return to School, Home, Community, Driving; Stacy Krueger, MS, OTR/L, C/NDT
- 3:15 - 3:45 pm: Patient Perspective; William Foster
- 3:45 - 4:00 pm: Evaluation
Participant will learn how to treat the whole patient with a brain injury including post-concussion syndrome, treatment options of brain tumors, cognitive therapy, management of agitation and pain management as well as self-advocacy/BI resources and when patient may return to school, home, community and driving.
6.5 nursing contact hours and 6.0 social work CEUs pending will be awarded to participants who attend the entire activity and complete an activity evaluation.
- Covenant HealthCare Employee/Critical Access Employee: $25
- Kindred Healthcare Employee: $75
- Student/Retiree: $50
- Other: $90
For more information, please see the symposium brochure here. If you have questions, please call Kathy Bocade at (989) 583-6414.