Covenant HealthCare is committed to conducting all of its activities in compliance with the rules, regulations and laws governing the health care industry. The Corporate Compliance Program at Covenant was implemented to comply with the new regulations developed by the Federal Office of the Inspector General and to assist in maintaining and promoting specific ethical questions.
The purpose of Covenant’s Compliance Program is to make sure we do the “right thing” in all aspects of our work. This includes:
- Complying with federal, state and insurance egulations.
- Completing our work according to written policy.
- Creating an environment where our personal behavior reflects what we promise to our customers.
- Using the highest moral and ethical standards in all our interactions with others.
- For information on the Federal and State False Claims Acts, visit the Office of Inspector General.
All Covenant employees are expected to exemplify the integrity and ethics of this organization and make a commitment to ethical and legal standards for:
- Patient Care
- Billing Practices
- Conflicts of Interest
- Use of Corporate Property
- Vendor Relationships
Additional information about the Corporate Compliance program can be obtained by calling:
- Toll-free Compliance Hotline at 888.421.5776
- Internal Compliance Hotline at 989.583.4499
- Michele McDonald, Compliance Administrator at 989.583.4582
- James Foresman, Corporate Compliance Officer at 989.583.4580