Cancer Support Programs
All supports groups meet (unless otherwise indicated) at Covenant HealthCare Mackinaw, 5400 Mackinaw Road at Tittabawassee, in the third floor oncology education room. Check our Classes and Events calendar for updated information about specific topics.
- Coping With Cancer - a general support group for cancer patients, family members and friends that meets every Tuesday from noon to 1:30 pm.
- Women's Cancer Support - a monthly education and support group experience for women who are surviving female-specific cancers, including those still in treatment. The group meets on the 2nd Monday of the month from 6:15 - 8:00 pm.
- Living with Cancer - Frankenmuth - a support group for cancer survivors and caregivers that meets in the Covenant HealthCare Frankenmuth facility, 600 North Main Street, on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month from 6:30 - 8:00 pm.
- Supporting Partners in Grief - a support group created for spouses who have lost loved ones to illness. They meet every Thursday from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm.
- Parents with Cancer Kids - a support group for parents who have a child with cancer. Meeting times vary. For meeting dates and times, check our classes and events schedule or call 989.583.5267.
Reflections of Beauty
Reflections of Beauty is an annual spring program presented by the Cancer Care and Infusion Therapy Center, dedicated to assisting female cancer survivors with their special needs by helping them look and feel their best. The evening event features a fashion show where a light dinner is served. Area businesses participate by displaying products and demonstrating or presenting information that is of value to cancer survivors. Displays include the latest in breast prosthesis, swimsuits and clothes for mastectomy patients, wigs and the care of wigs. Skin care, nail care, nutritional information, cooking demonstrations, exercise and massage therapy are topics that are also addressed. Check Classes and Events for more information or call the Cancer Care and Infusion Therapy Center at 989.583.5020.
Cancer Survivor's Day
A Celebration of Life is the annual survivor's day event held in September or October. The event is a joint effort of the American Cancer Society, Saint Mary's and Covenant HealthCare. Cancer survivors and a guest attend a special brunch program that features a nationally known guest speaker. Special gifts are presented to each cancer survivor and raffle prizes from area businesses are drawn. For additional information about this year's Cancer Survivor Day, check Classes and Events or call the Cancer Care and Infusion Therapy Center at 989.583.5020.
Breast Cancer Awareness Program
An annual October program in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month is offered to the community. The evening program features an inspirational presentation by a cancer survivor, educational offerings, and light refreshments.
Return to Top of Page