Cancer Support Groups
The diagnosis and treatment of cancer can be a difficult time for patients and their families. We understand the stress that patients and their families may go through during the process. We offer support so you don’t have to cope with it alone.
The Cancer Care and Infusion Therapy Center offers several on-site support groups for patients, survivors, family members and friends. All support groups meet at Covenant HealthCare Mackinaw, 5400 Mackinaw Road at Tittabawassee, in the third floor oncology education room (unless otherwise indicated). Check our Classes and Events calendar for updated information about specific topics. In addition, satellite groups are offered in Frankenmuth.
For more information, please call Gerry Bishop at 989.583.5267, or Alison VanNorman at 989.583.5268.
Covenant Support Groups
- Better Breathers Pulmonary Support - A support group for pulmonary patients and caregivers.
When: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. Time: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Building Hope Together - A support group for survivors with advanced disease and their caregivers.
When: 2nd Tuesday of each month. Time: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Coping with Cancer - A support group for all cancer survivors and caregivers.
When: 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. Time: 12:00 noon - 1:30 pm
- Living with Cancer - Frankenmuth - An evening support group for all cancer survivors and caregivers.
When: 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. Time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Location: Covenant HealthCare Frankenmuth, 600 North Main Street
- Spousal Loss Recovery - A six-week series supporting grieving spouses in the first year of loss.
When: Select Thursdays by preregistration only. Time: 10:15 am - 11:30 am
- Women's Cancer Support - An evening support group for female cancer survivors.
When: 2nd Tuesday of each month. Time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Young Women's Cancer Support - An evening support group for younger female cancer survivors (suggested age 45 and under).
When: 4th Tuesday of each month. Time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
The Cancer Care and Infusion Therapy Center also offers a variety of community cancer programs throughout the year.
- Cancer Survivor's Day - A Celebration of Life is the annual survivor's day event held in the fall. Cancer survivors and a guest attend a special brunch program that features a nationally known guest speaker. Special gifts are presented to each cancer survivor and raffle prizes from area businesses are drawn. For additional information about this year's Cancer Survivor Day, check Classes and Events or call the Cancer Care and Infusion Therapy Center at 989.583.5020.
- Lifestyle Tips & Treats - An annual educational night for cancer survivors to get the guidance they need to plan for a secure future while living with a cancer diagnosis. The evening is held each March, and includes light refreshments, a relaxed atmosphere and a Q&A session with our experts. Survivors may bring a guest. For more information, call 989.583.5263.
- Women's Cancer Awareness Program - An annual fall program in recognition of Women's Cancer is offered to the community. The evening program features an inspirational presentation by a cancer survivor, health fair, women's products, and light refreshments.
- The American Cancer Society offers assistance to those affected by cancer, such as help with financial questions, prescription questions, emotional support, and cancer education. For more information, call the American Cancer Society hotline, available 24/7, at 1.800.227.2345, or visit online at www.cancer.org.
- Look Good Feel Better is a non-medical, brand-neutral public service program that teaches beauty techniques to cancer patients to help them manage the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment. All sessions are facilitated by trained, licensed cosmetologists - all who are American Cancer Society volunteers. To learn more or register, please call 1.800.227.2345.
- Our Covenant HealthCare STAR Program® in Oncology Rehabilitation gives you the extraordinary care you need to restore your health and enjoy the highest quality of life possible.