In times of illness, trauma and loss, many people require more than physical care to enable them to cope and heal. That’s why the professional chaplains of Covenant HealthCare serve in the hospital 24 hours a day to provide emotional and spiritual support to patients, families and hospital staff. Their goal is to support and foster healing and wholeness with people from all faiths, as well as those who do not belong to one.
Our chaplains are here to support you and your family with the following services:
- Assistance and support in identifying and communicating basic spiritual/emotional/human needs.
- Conflict resolution with the patient, family member(s) and staff
- Crisis Intervention
- Grief/Loss care and support
- Help with ethical/moral decisions and dilemmas
- Referral to resources in the hospital and community
- Wide range of religious services (reading of holy texts, prayer, sacraments, blessings and baptism, memorial services, etc.)
Understanding the Grief Process
Covenant Pastoral Care Prayer Book
Advance Directive Information
Designation of Patient Advocate Form
Covenant HealthCare is also committed to teaching and education. Our Pastoral Care Department offers professional learning opportunities for pastors, chaplains, seminary students or graduates, and commissioned lay people through the Clinical Pastoral Education Program.
For more information about Pastoral Care or the Clinical Pastoral Education Program, call 989.583.6042.