Center for Autism
Covenant HealthCare is proud to be one of five clinics in the state of Michigan approved to offer validated diagnostic screening and assessments to children displaying signs of an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). A hospital with a foundation of compassion, Covenant HealthCare is the place for families to find the answers, treatment and support when you need it the most.
Most often Autism Spectrum Disorders make it difficult to communicate and relate to others. The symptoms typically appear before a child is 3 years old. Symptoms include:
- A delay in learning to talk, or not talking at all.
- Repetitive behaviors, unusual attachments to objects, and getting upset when routine changes.
- Limited or no eye contact with other people.
- Little or no pretend play.
- Not responding to name at 6 months.
Our team consists of:
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Pediatric Neurologist
- Licensed Psychologist
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Team
After meeting with the diagnostic team, families will be introduced to a support system to include Gabe’s Place, a treatment center located at Covenant HealthCare specializing in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy and will have access to our eLibrary consisting of videos and news articles all relevant to ASD findings and treatment.
Click here to request consultation information and to take your first steps in joining a community that is here for you and your family.
Diagnostic and Treatment Centers | FAQs | Treatment Team | Contact Us, Location