Covenant MedExpress delivers extraordinary urgent care close to home.
When someone in your family needs urgent care, choose the only one in the area where you are sure to receive extraordinary care. Covenant MedExpress gives your family fast, high quality care with the added confidence that comes with being affiliated with Covenant HealthCare. So when you can't see your primary care doctor and it's not serious enough to go to the emergency room, know we are here for you 365 days a year. See what kinds of conditions warrant going to urgent care now.
What makes Covenant MedExpress urgent care so extraordinary?
- Board certified providers including physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners
- State-of-the-art diagnostic equipment
- Walk-in x-ray and lab services using the latest in medical technology
- Electronic medical record technology that connects to your physician and the emergency room if necessary
- Physician Finder - if you don't have a physician, we'll help you find one
- Comfortable, friendly atmosphere
We have a MedExpress location near you.
You won't have to go far to experience extraordinary urgent care in the Great Lakes Bay Region. We have 5 convenient Covenant MedExpress locations — one is sure to be in your neighborhood.
Monday – Saturday: 8 AM – 8 PM
Sunday: 9 AM – 6 PM
Holidays: 9 AM – 3 PM (closed Christmas Day)
Monday – Friday: 6 AM – 6 PM
Saturday: 8 AM – 3 PM (State Street location opens at 6 AM)
Sunday – State Street location only: 9 AM – 3 PM
Family Physician Office
MedExpress works with your personal physician. A complete report of your visit will be sent directly to your primary care physician within 24 hours of your visit. If you do not already have a primary care physician, we can help you locate one that's convenient for you. Or click here to Find a Physician.
MedExpress is a lower-cost alternative to an emergency room visit. We accept most insurance plans. See University Health Center information for UHC/student billing.
If you'd like to avoid wait times, or if you need urgent care services outside of MedExpress hours, you can also use Covenant VirtualCare. This allows you to see a physician through your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Learn more about Covenant VirtualCare here.
Do you know when to go to urgent care or the emergency room?
Here are some helpful tips to help you determine whether the medical care you need is something that can be treated by the urgent care at Covenant MedExpress or the emergency room at Covenant HealthCare.
- Respiratory virus and flu
- Ear, sinus and throat infections
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Mild to moderate dehydration
- Mild to moderate asthma
- Rashes and allergic reactions
- Sprains, strains and simple fractures
- Minor burns and cuts
- Mild injuries
- Animal and insect bites/stings
- Eye injuries/pink eye
- Sports injuries
*We also offer flu shots and sports physicals for your convenience.
- Chest pain, shortness of breath, nausea
- Sudden, severe headache
- Severe abdominal pain
- Loss of consciousness or speech
- Limb numbness
- Motor vehicle injury
- Head or neck injury
- Psychiatric disorders
- Child abuse
- Assault including rape
- Bleeding/cramping in pregnancy
- Infants less than 6 weeks of age
- High fever especially in children 8 weeks of age