The volunteers who serve at Covenant HealthCare prove that anyone can be a hero just by giving a little bit of themselves to people in need. Volunteers help Covenant fulfill its mission to serve the individuals and the community that depend on them. Just like its staff and patients, Covenant volunteers represent all ages, cultures and backgrounds.
Volunteers provide a dimension of care and service to patients as well as empathy for families and visitors – while supporting staff and physicians in an effort to provide quality care.
Covenant is looking for individuals who want to share their time and talent and help those in need. Covenant volunteers assist in providing a variety of services that benefit patients, family members, visitors, Covenant staff, and members of the medical staff.
*Volunteers must be able to provide a minimum of 4 hours on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. A minimum commitment of 40 hours is required.
Applications can be picked up at any Covenant Information Desk or by clicking the appropriate online volunteer application below.
If you need an application mailed to you, please contact Volunteer Services at 989.583.4189 or by email.
Volunteer in one of our available service departments.
Breast Diagnostic Center
VNA - Hospice
Wound Healing Center
Cancer Care/Infusion Therapy
Cancer Resource Center
RNICU Cuddler (minimum 1 year commitment)
Emergency Care Center
Fall Prevention Volunteer
Helping Hands/Pediatric Play Therapy
Imaging & Diagnostics
Medical Pulmonary Volunteer
Medical Volunteer (6Main)
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
VNA - Hospice
Child Care Center
Reach Out and Read
Trauma Department - Safety City
Tree of Love
Volunteer Advisory Board
Special Projects (Patterns Available)
Students — Find a Special Way to Serve Your Community!
Covenant is pleased to offer high school students the opportunity to volunteer in a hospital setting. This program offers young people:
- The chance to make a difference
- The opportunity to observe and gain valuable insight into various types of health care careers
- The opportunity to personally grow and develop self-esteem
- The opportunity to learn new skills and gain experience
- The opportunity to receive community service hours and to meet high school and college requirements of volunteer service
- The opportunity to share your talents, skill and interests
- The opportunity to make new friends and have fun!
All high school students applying for the program must:
- Be 16 years of age or older and currently enrolled in a high school or homeschool program
- Maintain a "B" average school grade or better
- Obtain a favorable recommendation from a teacher or counselor
- Be in good physical and emotional health
- Have the consent and support of parent or guardian
After acceptance to our program, the student will be required to:
- Have a TB test
- Attend a comprehensive orientation program
- Make a commitment to volunteer a minimum 40 hours by May 30 of the following year.
How to Apply
The High School Volunteer Program is offered each summer. The Volunteer Services Department conducts a mandatory orientation prior to each session.
Applications for the High School Volunteer Program are accepted March 1 - April 15 of each year. Students who meet the criteria mentioned above may complete the online student application, which is available below. You must also return the completed Letter of Recommendation form. Any questions can be directed to Volunteer Services via email.