The vestibular rehabilitation program at Covenant HealthCare is a form of physical therapy designed to help treat dizziness and a variety of balance disorders, including vertigo, in patients from adolescence through adulthood.
During therapy, the goals are to help:
- Improve balance, stability and neuromuscular coordination
- Minimize falls
- Decrease dizziness and anxiety
- Reduce overdependence on touching items for balance
Treatment entails an extensive balance and vestibular evaluation, including assessment of vision, inner ear and general sensory components, as well as a medication review. In addition, we provide:
- Functional exercise
- Gaze stabilization
- Examples of exercises that patients can do at home
- Compensation strategies
- Review of home layout (for safety)
The length of therapy depends on the individual patient, but typically range from two to 12 visits.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 989.583.6386.
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Locations