The vestibular rehabilitation program at Covenant HealthCare is a form of physical therapy designed to help treat dizziness and a variety of balance disorders, including vertigo, in patients from adolescence through adulthood. The length of therapy depends on the individual patient, but typically ranges from 2 to 12 visits.
During therapy, we set the following goals to help you recover:
- Decrease dizziness and anxiety
- Improve balance, stability and neuromuscular coordination
- Minimize falls
- Reduce overdependence on touching items for balance
Our latest and most advanced technology, Neurocom, enables us to give you extraordinary care. Treatment entails an extensive balance and vestibular evaluation, including assessment of vision, inner ear and general sensory components, as well as a medication review. In addition, we provide:
- Compensation strategies
- Examples of exercises that patients can do at home
- Functional exercise
- Gaze stabilization
- Review of home layout (for safety)
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 989-583-6386.