“The care rendered to my mother was more professional and compassionate than any I have ever witnessed.” – Jim Van Tiflin
Time spent with family and friends becomes even more precious when diagnosed with a terminal illness. This is why many terminally ill patients turn to the Covenant Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) for Hospice Care services.
Hospice is a non-profit health care program that enables patients to spend their final days at home in dignity and comfort with loved ones at their side.
Covenant VNA is committed to providing compassionate hospice care in the patient’s home or if that is not possible, in a homelike setting such as the VNA Cartwright Care Center. Our goal is not to cure, but rather to help both the patient and family cope with many end-of-life issues – including physical, emotional, spiritual and financial challenges.
Expert Hospice Services
Covenant VNA’s Hospice Team crosses many disciplines and is focused on ensuring quality of life during the last six months of the patient’s illness. Guided by the patient’s physician, the team designs an individually tailored care plan for each patient and family. Our team of hospice-certified nurses, physicians, social workers, pharmacists, counselors, chaplains, dieticians, therapists and volunteers offer the following services:
- Professional on-call nursing care, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Pain management and symptom control
- Medication direction
- Nutritional counseling
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Spiritual and bereavement support for patient and family members
- Financial counseling
- Respite care
- Companionship, errands and personal care
Hospice care is typically offered to patients who meet these criteria:
- Have a life expectancy of six months or less
- Choose treatments to enhance quality of life
- Agree to work with the Hospice Team in cooperation with the family and attending physician
- Have someone to help at home if in-home care is requested
When to call VNA Hospice Care
Both family and friends can request hospice services for their loved one. VNA representatives can personally meet with the patient and family to discuss the best hospice approach for the patient regarding their illness. The earlier VNA Hospice Care is contacted concerning the illness, the more time we will have in providing the best possible support.
For the best care you can trust, call the VNA today for in-home hospice visits at 1.800.VNA.4-YOU or 989.799.6020.