Sudden stroke symptoms
Knowing "sudden" classic stroke symptoms and responding to them quickly is crucial. A stroke may cause a person to become disoriented to the point of not recognizing their need for medical care. Some of the stroke's sudden symptoms are:
- Sudden numbness or weakness in the face, arms or legs
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
- Sudden difficulty walking, dizziness or loss of balance
- Sudden trouble seeing out of one or both eyes
One or more of these symptoms may last only a few minutes and then go away-don't ignore them! Do not drive to the Emergency Care Center. Call 911 for an ambulance.