Saginaw Radiation Oncology Center
The Saginaw Radiation Oncology Center is an addition to the cancer care continuum at Covenant, which opened in March 2001. The facility, located at 4141 Tittabawassee Road, near Mackinaw Road, in Saginaw, is adjacent to the Covenant HealthCare Mackinaw campus and provides the most advanced technology in radiation oncology services. The Saginaw Radiation Oncology Center provides radiation oncology services to individuals in Saginaw County and east central Michigan. The Center has its own entrance and private parking off Tittabawassee Road, providing individuals with convenient access. The Saginaw Radiation Oncology Center is a joint service of Covenant HealthCare, Bay Medical Center and MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland. For further information, you may call toll free 1.866.722.6237 or locally, 989.583.5250.
The staff and physicians at the Saginaw Radiation Oncology Center believe that the trust of patients is our most valued possession. They are highly committed to maintaining a quality driven, state-of-the-art cancer treatment facility. The Center maintains a caring and compassionate atmosphere, utilizing present technology and keeping abreast of the latest development and innovations within our technical expertise.
Radiation therapy is a powerful and effective modality for treating most malignancies. Radiation is a primary treatment for cancers of the head, neck, lung, breast, prostate, cervix, and vagina, as well as Hodgkin's disease and early-stage lymphomas. In some cases, chemotherapy and radiation in combination can reduce the need for extensive surgery.
Using state-of-the-art planning and simulation technology, radiation oncologists can ensure an optimum dose to the tumor while sparing normal surrounding tissue. Technical Resources include:
- High Performance Varian Clinac 21 EX Linear Accelerator with integrated multileaf collimation to perform the most advanced computer driven treatments.
- Integration of Clinac 21 EX with VARiS Software offers the latest in clinical treatment delivery coupled with outcome management and decision support resources.
- Ximatron CX simulator offers accurate simulation of patient treatment using radiographic and fluoroscopic images.
- A fully integrated three-dimensional array of treatment planning computers for
- CT based external beam treatment planning
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Permanent seed implant
- Low dose rate brachytherapy
- High dose rate brachytherapy
- Stereotactic radiosurgery performed with a micromultileaf collimator
The Center's experienced treatment team includes radiation oncologists, registered nurses and radiation therapists, a social worker, dietitian and support staff who provide specialized care. The goal of the Center is to provide a comfortable, compassionate atmosphere while caring for patients and their loved ones.
Return to Top of Page