James E. Cartwright Care Center
When managing a terminal illness at home is not possible, the James E. Cartwright Center provides the next best option: a home away from home that offers 24 hour hospice care and compassion. Operated by Covenant VNA Hospice, this 15-bed facility is centrally located in Saginaw. Our goal is to provide quality of life and dignity during the last six months of a resident’s illness, helping both the patient and family cope with many end of life issues, including physical, emotional and spiritual concerns.
Here is why the James E. Cartwright Center is so extraordinary:
- 24 hour trained hospice staff to meet nutritional/personal care and bathing needs
- Ability to personalize room to make it feel more like home
- Cable TV/Telephone/DVD
- Chapel/Reflection room
- Family, friends and pets can visit any time
- Guestrooms for family members
- Play area for children
- Private rooms and bathrooms
Residents are treated like family, with respect and compassion. Guided by the patient’s physician, the Covenant VNA Hospice Team follows a care program tailored to each resident and family. Overall care is managed by a registered nurse (RN) case manager who is assisted by various members of the hospice team including:
- Experienced RNs, licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and nurse’s aides who provide medication management, prescribed treatments and assistance with meals, bathing and dressing.
- Social workers, chaplains and volunteers who provide spiritual counseling, bereavement support, financial counseling, respite care, companionship, errand services and more.
At the Cartwright Care Center, there is a non-refundable deposit of $540 for the patient. After that, the fee is $135 per day. Families can also rent one of the family suites for $25 per night.
A Lasting Tribute of Love Memorial Walkway
The front walkway at Cartwright is lined with engraved brick memorials. The walkway starts at the primary center entrance, but over time it is expected to wrap around the building to a patio in back. Engraved memorial bricks are available in two different sizes – 4" x 8" and 8" x 8". The 4" x 8" brick can display up to three lines and the 8" x 8" brick can display up to seven lines. Each line is between 11 and 17 characters each. The 4" x 8" bricks are $45 each and the larger bricks are $110 each. For a form to purchase a brick, email Vickie Leach or call her at 989.583.0255.
Just A Phone Call Away
Both family and friends can request hospice services for their loved one. Our representatives can personally meet with the patient and family to discuss the best hospice approach for the patient regarding their illness. For the best care you can trust, call the Covenant VNA Hospice Care for in-home hospice visits or details about the Cartwright Care Center: 1-800-VNA-4-YOU or 989-799-6020.
To learn more about hospice care at Covenant HealthCare, click here.
Click here to make a referral