Health and Fitness Program
Covenant HealthCare's Health and Fitness Program is designed to provide patients with a continuation of their rehabilitation programs on an outpatient basis. These programs help patients maintain the exercises and stretches previously learned (during skilled therapy) in a hands-on environment staffed with our specially trained team.
Eligibility for the Health and Fitness Program includes the following:
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation patients whose formal clinical programs included therapeutic exercise procedures, including physical, occupational or speech therapy; health and fitness specialty classes or agility testing (within six months of their discharge)
- Patients who are undergoing cardiac rehabilitation or are involved in a diabetes self-management program
- All Covenant employees, following an initial assessment
Customers may participate in the program on a month-to-month basis. All participants are required to sign a release of liability form, a customer information form, a health and fitness guidelines form, a PAR Q questionnaire and a guideline form prior to starting any activities.
Specialty classes are available at various facilities and are available to the general public, as well as our employees. Classes include:
- Aquatic exercises in a warm, therapeutic pool
- Stability ball exercises to improve functional strength, balance and flexibility
- Thera-Band exercises, which are a low-intensity, but highly effective portable strengthening program for general fitness conditioning
Specialty classes require additional payments.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 989.583.6386.