Cancer Support Groups
The diagnosis and treatment of cancer can be a difficult time for patients and their families. We understand the stress that patients and their families may go through during the process. We offer support so you don’t have to cope with it alone.
The Cancer Care and Infusion Therapy Center offers several on-site support groups for patients, survivors, family members and friends. All support groups meet at Covenant HealthCare Mackinaw, 5400 Mackinaw Road at Tittabawassee, in the third floor oncology education room (unless otherwise indicated). Check our Classes and Events calendar for updated information about specific topics. In addition, satellite groups are offered in Frankenmuth.
Covenant Support Groups
- Better Breathers Pulmonary Support – A support group for pulmonary patients and caregivers.
When: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. Time: 2 pm – 3:00 pm
- Cancer Support Group for Young Women – An evening support group for younger female cancer survivors (suggested age 45 and under).
When: 4th Tuesday of each month. Time: 6:30 pm – 8 pm
- Coping with Cancer – A support group for male and female cancer survivors and caregivers.
When: 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. Time: 12 pm – 1:30 pm
- Living with Cancer – Frankenmuth – A support group for male and female cancer survivors and caregivers.
When: 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. Time: 6:30 pm – 8 pm
Location: Covenant HealthCare Frankenmuth, 600 North Main Street
- Spousal Loss Recover – A two-part process for spouses who have lost their loved one. Preregistration is required.
When: Thursday series – dates to be announced. Time: 10:15 am
- Women's Cancer Support – An evening support group for female cancer survivors.
When: 2nd Tuesday of each month. Time: 6:30 pm – 8 pm
- Women with Advanced Cancer – A support group for women whose cancer is more advanced or has spread.
When: 2nd Tuesday of each month. Time: 2 pm – 3:30 pm
The Cancer Care and Infusion Therapy Center also offers a variety of community cancer programs throughout the year.
- Cancer Survivor's Day
A Celebration of Life is the annual survivor's day event held in the fall. Cancer survivors and a guest attend a special brunch program that features a nationally known guest speaker. Special gifts are presented to each cancer survivor and raffle prizes from area businesses are drawn. For additional information about this year's Cancer Survivor Day, check Classes and Events or call the Cancer Care and Infusion Therapy Center at 989.583.5020
- Lifestyle Tips & Treats
An educational night for cancer survivors to get the guidance they need to plan for a secure future while living with a cancer diagnosis. Join us on Thursday, March 19 at 6 pm – 7:30 pm. The evening will include light refreshments, a relaxed atmosphere and a Q&A session with our experts. Survivors may bring a guest. For more information, call 989.583.5260.
Women’s Cancer Awareness Program
An annual fall program in recognition of Women’s Cancer is offered to the community. The evening program features an inspirational presentation by a cancer survivor, health fair, women’s products and light refreshments.