Cancer Care Rehabilitation
Covenant's physical and occupational therapists specialize in helping patients who have developed certain dysfunctions after undergoing cancer treatments and procedures.
Patients may benefit from cancer rehabilitation services if any of the following are experienced:
- Reconstruction after mastectomy (prior to radiation )
- Pain and or restriction due to scarring after cervical or vaginal cancer treatment
- Dyspareunia (pain in the vagina, especially with penetration of any kind) due to pathology or treatment
- Urinary or fecal incontinence due to pathology or treatment
- Constipation due to pathology or treatment
- Thoracic scar restriction or pain due to pathology or treatment
- Joint restriction due to pathology and/or treatment
- Increased lymphedema in arms or legs after cancer treatment
Cancer care rehabilitation includes goal-setting to help improve overall function, as well as a customized exercise program to help patients return to daily tasks and work. Covenant also offers a Health and Fitness Program for patients undergoing chemotherapy or other cancer treatments to help with fatigue and other side effects. After an initial introduction to the program, patients can complete the program independently-even from the comfort of their own home.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 989.583.6386.