Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Following a brain injury, it is essential that an individual receive specialized care in order to experience the maximum recovery of function. That’s why Covenant HealthCare provides these expert rehabilitation services at every stage of recovery. Patients and their families are encouraged to take an active role in the rehabilitation process.
The brain injury program at Covenant, accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities and Health Facilities Accreditation Program, offers inpatient treatment for adults and adolescents (ages 12+).
Covenant HealthCare provides comprehensive rehabilitation services to improve function related to any of the following conditions:
- Brain infection (encephalitis, meningitis )
- Brain injury
- Lack of oxygen
- Metabolic disorders (diabetic coma, insulin shock)
- Multiple trauma (fractures, burns)
- Toxic exposure (substance abuse, toxic agent inhalation
- Viral illness
Our approach to brain injury rehabilitation focuses on the recovery of functional skills and independent living capabilities. We offer a variety of services designed to improve the quality of life for persons with a brain injury, including:
- Discharge planning and follow-up support
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Occupational therapy
- Cognitive rehabilitation therapy
- Physical therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Rehabilitation nursing
- Speech therapy
- Social work/counseling
Additionally, we offer a special environment that includes in-room cameras and the ability to modify the environment to help reduce undesirable behaviors.
- Brain Injury Treatment Settings
- Brain Injury Program Team
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 989-583-6386.